The social distancing rules are still in place – but now agents can use some creative strategies to get our clients into the homes they need to see while also keeping sellers, buyers, agents and everyone safe.
By Kim Wilder – Buyer’s Specialist, Realtor®️
Our lives and daily habits have all changed recently as a result of the stay at home order, but the basic needs of food, water and shelter still remain critical to the majority of us… and housing is just as important now as it was before the pandemic was declared. Because of the statewide stay at home order, in-person house hunting had to be put on hold and Realtors needed to pivot quickly to help our clients continue to sell and buy homes despite the social distancing rules now in place. The good thing about this process is that it Real Estate is now seen as “essential” so we are progressing forward with caution and with innovative ways.
With rates and inventory being so low, the demand for homes is still at an all time high. Agents were now faced with a very important question: how can we help clients continue to sell and buy homes while also maintaining our distance and honoring the rules implemented for our safety?
Clever agents answered the call!
- Listing agents beefed up their marketing by providing in-depth video home tours to share with interested buyers and post on social media; and
- Buyers’ agents started using their smartphones and apps like Facetime, WhatsApp and Zoom to give their buyers personalized visual tours of the homes they wanted to visit but could not. The meme “If you can find your spouse online, you can find your house online” became very popular as more and more people made their purchasing decisions online.
The state of California has now ruled that Realtors are considered essential and that has opened up the ability for us to physically show homes to the scores of consumers who still need to sell and buy, but wish to do so in person.
The social distancing rules are still in place – but now agents can use some creative strategies to get our clients into the homes they need to see while also keeping sellers, buyers, agents and everyone safe. Here’s how we do it at Team Forss Realty Group:
1) We narrow down the # of homes to be seen to the top priority or “favorites”.
2) We meet our clients at the home instead of driving with them.
3) We provide our clients with gloves, masks and booties before entering each home.
4) We bring antibacterial wipes to wipe down all surfaces before and after we tour each home.
5) We offer hand sanitizer to our clients after they exit the home.
6) Just like Noah, we only allow 2 people at a time to enter a home and all parties must stay 6′ apart.
7) And we still provide in-depth video home tours to those clients who are immune compromised or prefer to stay quarantined and shop for homes virtually.
Our clients have responded to these new measures with overwhelming positivity. And thanks to these smart new tactics, our listings are selling in a matter of days with multiple offers and our buyers are purchasing the homes they need easily, safely and still in great numbers. It’s a win/win for everyone!
So if you are a buyer who wants to take advantage of the historically low interest rates and fewer people competing for the fewer homes on the market, now is still a great time. And with our safety action plan in place, Team Forss is currently poised to continue helping our clients sell and buy safely and successfully in today’s market and beyond.